We round up the latest Liverpool news and transfer rumours on Wednesday, as the Reds continue their Champions League final preparations in Marbella.
Liverpool Linked With Adrian Move
All the talk recently has been of a quiet summer at Anfield, but a replacement for Simon Mignolet is expected to be part of the Reds’ transfer business.
A new name has emerged, with Goal‘s Neil Jones reporting that West Hamgoalkeeper Adrian is a potential target for Liverpool.
The 32-year-old Spaniard is out of contract this summer and would retain Premier League experience as Alisson‘s backup at Anfield.
Jones also mentions Pepe Reina as a more “emotional” option. He currently has a contract at AC Milan until 2021 despite turning 37 later this year.
Liverpool are said to want around £15 million for Mignolet this summer.
Young pair Caoimhin Kelleher and Kamil Grabara are both rated highly at Liverpool, but the need to have an established deputy is undeniable.
Duo Complete Dortmund Move
Thorgan Hazard and Julian Brandt have both been linked with Liverpool in the past, but they have secured moves to Borussia Dortmund on a productive day for the Bundesliga side.
Hazard arrives as a replacement for the outgoing Christian Pulisic at BVB.
Brandt was a prime target before Mohamed Salah arrived in 2017, however, and was back on the club’s radar recently after impressing in a new role in central midfield this past season at Bayer Leverkusen.
Grujic’s Future to be Decided After Madrid
According to SportBild (via Sport Witness) Liverpool will make a decision about Marko Grujic‘s future after the Champions League final.
The 23-year-old is reportedly keen on staying on loan at Hertha Berlin for another season, with the German club also interested in extending his stay for another twoyears.
It was previously claimed that Atletico Madrid were interested in the Serbian, and that Liverpool would sanction a permament move away should a bid of £30 million be made.
Goalkeeper Move Confirmed
The Liverpool Echo have now confirmed that the deal is all but done, with the 16-year-old moving to Anfield for £200,000.
Ojrzynski, who plays for Poland’s U16s, had also been tracked by the likes of Man United, Valencia and Juventus.
The report states that the youngster “will start life at the Kirkby Academy with Barry Lewtas’ FA Youth Cup-winning U18s squad when pre-season training starts in early July.”
Matip in Positive Spirits
Joel Matip‘s form has been one of the biggest positives on show at Liverpool recently, with the centre-back arguably playing at his highest level yet in a Reds shirt.
Speaking to LiverpoolFC.com, the Cameroonian says he is in a good place ahead of arguably the biggest match of his career a week on Saturday:
“At the beginning of the season I was struggling with injuries and other lads did very well, so there was no reason to change.
“But in the second half I could play and could improve. I feel good.
“You are waiting for this. And then if you can use it, it’s not a bad feeling – it’s not the worst feeling.”
Matip’s current contract expires next summer and he’s expected to be offered a new deal this summer.
Inglethorpe Credits Trent’s “Incredible” Mum
Trent Alexander-Arnold will become the first-ever player under the age of 21 to start in two Champions League finals, should he be named in Jurgen Klopp‘s side in Madrid.
A humble and instantly likeable person, the 20-year-old has a close bond with his family, helping him remain grounded.
In an interview with the Liverpool Echo, Academy director Alex Inglethorpe has credited Alexander-Arnold’s mother, Dianne, for the sacrifices she made in helping her son become a footballer:
“Dianne is an incredible advert for any parent who has a son trying to make it as a professional footballer. She’s been a fantastic rock for him.
“Her input will be incredibly valuable when it comes to explaining to parents what to expect over the coming years and what they can do to help.”
Let’s hope Dianne has a Champions League-winning son come June 1!